Pizza has a place in everyone’s heart. We all have our favorite pizza toppings and a favorite pizza places. And let’s be honest, most of us would eat pizza for dinner every day if we could. But instead of ordering pizza and waiting over an hour for takeout, why not make the pizza at home yourself? Here are three simple homemade pizza recipes that take less than 30 minutes to make!
What to Use for Crust
There are so many crust options for making your own pizzas; sometimes it’s hard to separate one from the other.
Frozen Crusts or Tortillas
The quickest options out there are frozen crusts or tortillas that are already made. These are simple options. They require adding your own toppings and then popping the pizza in the oven. Going this route makes even the simplest homemade pizza recipes foolproof. This is especially true for people with food allergies or dietary restrictions. And since they are pre-made, they won’t take up your whole night. Gluten-free and low-carb tortillas are simple to find and are easy to bake in the oven to create a crispy crust.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Another low-carb option is purchasing or making yourself, a cauliflower pizza crust. Making a cauliflower crust yourself is a healthy option but often time consuming to do. There are plenty of brands out there now providing cauliflower crusts already made and ready for use.
Local Pizza Dough
When in doubt, you can head out to your local pizza place and ask if you can buy a pizza crust or pizza dough straight from them to use yourself at home! Make sure to read the instructions, or ask for instructions. This way you know how long to bake the crust for and if it requires any pre-baking before you add your toppings!
Choosing the Right Cheese
Whether you’re strapped for cash, trying to eat healthy or are dairy-free, there are a ton of cheese options. Below, I’ve featured three pizzas which can be made with vegan cheese, dairy-free cheese, fat-free options or even fresh mozzarella! Some cheeses might take longer to melt, so be sure to keep an eye on your pizza while it’s baking to ensure the ideal cheese consistency you are looking for. Remember, homemade pizza recipes can be both fun and easy to make!
1. Cauliflower Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 cauliflower pizza crust
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 1/3 cup franks red hot buffalo sauce
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 3/4 cup dairy free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch dressing
- Bake the crust alone for approx 10 mins at 450. Crust should start to turn light brown.
- Dice the chicken and cook on medium heat with 1/2 the buffalo sauce until chicken is fully incorporated in sauce. Approx 5 minutes on low heat.
- Take pizza out and layer the cheese fist, then the spinach, then buffalo chicken.
- Cook for approx 10 more minutes.
- Remove pizza. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add the diced tomato on top. Then add the avocado slices.
- Top with arugula.
- Drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce and vegan ranch.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
2. Hot Pepper and Pepperoni Healthier Pizza
- 1 frozen gluten free crust
- 1 ½ cup of marinara sauce
- Mini turkey pepperonis
- Salami slices
- Fat free mozzarella
- Roasted red peppers
- Roasted banana peppers
- Hot honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook crust alone for 3-5 minutes until edges brown for an extra crispy pizza.
- Once the crust is starting to brown, remove from the oven and top with marinara sauce. Then add cheese and pepperoni, salami, peppers.
- Place into the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes. You can bake for longer if you prefer a crispier pizza.
- Remove from the oven, slice and top with hot honey!
3. BBQ and Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 low-carb cauliflower tortilla
- 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 5-10 turkey pepperonis
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp roasted corn
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tbsp BBQ ranch
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place pizza crust on a lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with cheese, corn, pepperoni and red onion.
- Add back to the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with BBQ ranch and arugula. Slice and serve!
4. Chicken Caesar Pizza
- 1 Gluten free pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp caesar salad dressing
- 1 chicken sausage
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place pizza crust on a lined baking sheet and pre bake for 7 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add chicken sausage and cook on medium heat for approx 5-7 minutes until edges are crispy.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with romaine, salad dressing and sliced chicken sausage.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Slice and serve!