Online casino gaming is growing faster than ever, with lucrative deals such as the Spin City bonus reeling in more players to the iGaming scene every other day. Well, as convenient as online gambling is, there are some additional elements of the gambling experience that keep the land-based gambling scene booming.
So, while the thrill of gambling often takes center stage, plenty of players often relish brick-and-mortar gambling a lot more because it is usually a multi-faceted endeavor. On that note, one of the most vital aspects of these land-based casinos is the luxurious dining opportunities. From upscale restaurants to trendy nightclubs, casinos offer gamblers various culinary delights that can elevate your gaming experience.
However, to savor the dining scene in a casino, you must have a touch of finesse and proper etiquette. Here’s your guide to uncovering the secrets to savoring the casino dining experience.
Dress to Impress
Can you imagine walking in an exquisite casino in sweats? No doubt, dressing well enhances your confidence. So, as you step into a casino restaurant, ensure you dress the part. And while the specific dress code may vary from one establishment to another, it’s always better to err on the side of elegance. Men can opt for smart casual attire, like a collared shirt and tailored pants, while women can choose an elegant dinner dress or a stylish black outfit – you can never go wrong with black.
Early Reservations: Your Ticket to a Memorable Experience
Securing a table in casino dining establishments can be challenging, especially during peak hours. To avoid disappointment, make your reservations in advance. It’ll ensure you are seated promptly and receive personalized attention from the restaurant staff. On top of that, for a smooth dining experience, arrive on time so that you are well-settled before the first course.
Brush Up on Your Table Manners
For someone unaccustomed to fine dining etiquette, it’s pretty easy to spoil the culinary experience for other casino diners. Therefore, being on your best behavior while dining in these public settings is vital. To ensure you maintain the fine in fine casino dining, remember to:
- Place your napkin on your lap – a simple gesture that signifies you’re ready to enjoy your meal;
- Chew with your mouth closed;
- Engage in pleasant conversation with your dining companions. Avoid discussing gambling wins or losses at the table;
- Keep your mobile phone tucked away for a fully present dining experience.
What to Do When Ordering
How you present yourself when making an order can tell a lot about who you are. And you sincerely don’t want people, probably fellow players, to get the wrong impression. So, here’s what you should do while making an order:
- Slightly raise your index finger to signal the waiter to come for your order;
- Make eye contact with the waiter as you order;
- Don’t ask about the specific prices – point to the category of your affordable price and let the waiter make recommendations within that price range.
Decode the Casino’s Menu
Now, this is the most exciting part – exploring the menu! Take a moment to peruse the offerings, and don’t hesitate to seek recommendations from the waitstaff. If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, inform your server beforehand, and they will guide you to suitable options. Finally, whether you’re a fan of succulent steaks or fancy seafood delicacies, don’t shy away from making your order as per your taste buds. Remember, it’s your chance to savor the culinary creations of talented casino dining chefs.
Dos and Don’ts When Eating
Follow these culinary tips to save you potential embarrassment and ensure a top-notch dining experience:
- When dining with other players at the same table, it’s advisable to start eating after everyone is served;
- Always hold your knife and fork. Don’t switch your fork to the other hand or place your knife down after cutting up your food;
- Don’t lean over your plate to eat; instead, bring the food to your mouth;
- Never put your dessert fork into your mouth;
- You can remove bones with your fingers and place them on the side plate;
- Don’t use a toothpick while on the dining table.
Tipping Your Waiters to Show Appreciation
When the restaurant’s service exceeds your expectations, you must show appreciation by leaving a gratuity. The standard tipping rate ranges from 15% to 20% of the total bill. However, there are no restrictions to tipping more if the services impress you.
Casino dining offers exquisite cuisine that you should fully embrace by having proper etiquette. So, the next time you feel like grabbing a bite after playing your favorite games, use the above tips to elevate your casino dining moments. You’ll thank us later!