Movies That We Wish Were Playing Under The Stars
Â â€œMovies Under the Starsâ€ is a fun, free, and family friendly activity in Hoboken. At 9pm on Wednesday nights in the summer, the city of Hoboken plays a film in Pier A Park.
Tonight, Life of Pi (2012) will be up on the screen. Check out the full schedule here.
Donâ€™t get us wrong, they have a great line up, but there are a few movies weâ€™d like to see â€œunder the stars.” Here are our picks:
– The Lion King (1994): Just so when Mufasa is talking about the great kings in the stars, we can all just look up and feel like James Earl Jones is giving us the speech. I donâ€™t know about you, but Iâ€™d love to have Mufasa as my dad (or James Earl Jones).
– Every Jaws movie in a row: Because, why not? Shark week is coming up. How awesome would it be to watch the movies that made great white sharks infamous? Then after the movie, youâ€™ll be in the perfect mood to jump into the pitch black river for a quick swim.
– Any Star Wars movie: Come on. This oneâ€™s easy. Stars? Weâ€™re under them. I love you George Lucas.
– The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005): â€œWeâ€™re gonnaâ€™ need more waxâ€ is a line from the movie that is constantly being yelled here in Unity Creative Groupâ€™s office. It’s pretty hilarious.
– The Goonies (1985): The â€œAdventure Issueâ€ of the Digests is now out, so playing a classic adventure movie would complement the adventurous summer spirit that has seemed to be with us.
Â – Wee Sing in The Big Rock Candy Mountains (1991): Do yourself a favor and watch this sample of this groundbreaking film.Â Youâ€™re lying to yourself if you say you donâ€™t want to watch this on a big screen at night in the middle of a park.
Leave a comment telling us your picks for what you’d want to see “under the stars.”