The Digest Football Guide: How to Fake it ‘Till You Make it
The Digest Playbook:
1. Terminology: Here are some key words I live by:
Punt- A kick made when the punter drops the ball and kicks it while it falls toward his foot.
Field Goal- A play worth 3 points where the kicker attempts to kick the ball through a U-shaped goal in the endzone.
End Zone- A 10-yard section stretching the width of the field at both ends of the playing field.
Touchdown- A play worth 6 points where a player crosses the plane of the opponentâ€™s goal line with the ball in hand.
First Down- The first play of every series.
2. Play Off the Crowd: When they yell, you yell. When they boo, you boo. Simple, right?
3. Attire: Unless you bleed blue and grey, less is definitely more.
4. Find Your Source: If you have a question, donâ€™t just ask anybody. Find that one person that will help you with your less than impressive football knowledge.
5. Navigate: Even if you have no clue where your seats are, navigate like you are Christopher Columbus.
6. Ears Open: Listen to the announcer â€” he actually knows whatâ€™s going on.
7. Keep Your Mouth Full: Nobody will want have an in-depth convo with you if your mouth is full of hot dogs and beer.
8. The Yes Man: I use this method quite often. Nod your head in agreement while continuously saying yes and yeah!
In the end if you donâ€™t get it, donâ€™t stress it â€” just have a ball! (pun intended)