Heart Healthy Snack Ideas From Healthy Hoboken Girl
I know it's so much easier to grab that Kind Bar and never look back, but I'm here today to encourage you (and me) to dial up your health and put down the processed food.
It's not always easy to go with the healthier options, because let's face it, those Kind Bars are pretty good, right? But here are a few healthy 'real food' snack ideas to get you and your ticker working well. All are easy to pack and take with you for a long day at the office. Here's to keeping you (and your heart) healthy and happy.
Heart Healthy Snack Ideas for Busy People:
- Apple or Carrot Slices with Justin's Almond Butter packets; full of fiber, vitamins & omega 3s
- Roasted Chickpeas: lots of potassium to keep your blood pressure at bay
- Kale Chips: fiber, calcium, potassium – all nutrients to keep your heart in good shape
- Edamame: full of fiber & protein, iron, vitamin A & C; fun to eat
- Hummus with colored vegetable sticks: fiber, protein & lots of color
- Homemade Trail Mix: nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate, low sugar cereal; keeps you full, crunchy, lots of protein, antioxidants & healthy fats
- Avocado & lime juice on whole grain toast or in a lettuce wrap; lowers cholesterol and heart healthy fats
Wishing you all a wonderful week. Feel free to check out healthyhobokengirl.com for more healthy inspiration, real food recipes and nutrition information.