Do you find yourself falling into a day-to-day mundane routine? Donâ€™t let daily responsibilities ruin your spontaneity. Hereâ€™s a few small ways to make a big impact on the monotony in your life.
1. Take a different route to work. Commuting to work can be the most dreaded part of your day. Allow yourself to take in different scenery through your window. You may discover a new restaurant or shop to visit on your way home.
2. Chat with strangers. I know your mom always advised against this, but youâ€™re older and wiser now. Is there someone you pass by everyday on your way into the office that you typically just smile at and then keep going? Try actually striking up a conversation with them instead and see what unfolds. New friends will introduce you to new activities.
3. Do something you think you hate. Whether its testing out an exotic restaurant or going for a run, you may surprise yourself by enjoying something totally out of your comfort zone.
4. Turn your phone off. Donâ€™t rely on social media and text messages to keep you amused. Disconnect from the world and gain some real life perspective. Wander outside and take in sites that you normally dismiss. Reflection time may help you discover what bigger changes you need to make.
5. Try out a new hairstyle. Ladies, we change our hair after breakups and birthdays, so why not do it out of boredom. Youâ€™ll feel brand new, which will give you the confidence to try new activities or chat with office strangers.
6. Have a fancy night in. Spice up your love life, or invite friends over for a classy dinner. Dress up, crank the music while you cook, and buy a bottle of wine youâ€™ve never had before. This is a fun alternative to the typical night in with sweatpants and reruns of Friends.
7. Unleash your creativity. Everyone needs an outlet that allows them to zone out and refocus their attention. A great way to do this is to pick up a creative hobby, whether it’s crocheting, painting, baking, writing or dancing. You may reveal a hidden talent.
8. Complete a daily photo challenge. Simply google â€œphoto a day challengeâ€ and pick a list of prompts of what to photograph each day. Itâ€™ll force you to search for intriguing things around town.
Have any other tips? Weâ€™d love to hear them!
About the Author/s
Lauren is a writer and blogger for The Digest. A lifelong Sussex County resident, Lauren has adventured out of the sticks of northwest New Jersey to join The Digest team. When she is not commuting in rush hour traffic, she is typically frolicking outdoors or cheering on the Yankees.