When it comes to beauty, you don’t have to spend top dollar to look and feel good. Take it from someone like me, who has not only spent upwards of thousands, but as a young teen probably spent all of my babysitting money on expensive makeup. Sometimes, though, drugstore beauty finds are best.
Now that the new year is in full swing, it’s time to stock up on these drugstore beauty finds. While running errands in town at the local Rite Aid pharmacy, I came across a few excellent products that are sure to last in your makeup bag for the rest of the winter season.
1. These lashes by Ardell® are the best drugstore false lash brand around. They come in all sizes and textures to match any kind of look you may be sporting. The “Ardell Natural’s” in #116 are popular for a wispy, flirty look. All lashes retail for $4.19.
2. To keep lashes on your lids all day or night, DUO Eyelash Adhesive in clear works best. Just squeeze teeny amount onto the base of the strip, let air dry for a few seconds and place on lashes with a tweezer from corner to corner. The glue retails for $6.19.
3. An optional way to top off the false lash look is to apply a coat of mascara. Out of all the mascara brands out there, I find that Maybelline Great Lash is a no-clump smooth application best for this look, and for a non-false lash look during the daytime. Retails for $5.59.
4. For an alternative look to a traditional eyeliner pencil with more of a precision finish, gel eyeliner will be your new best friend. L’Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H Eye Gel gives you a high intensity finish from dawn to dusk. The best part about this product is that is already comes with a brush for application. It retails for $9.99.
5. Onto lips – my favorite! Most lip stains leave your lips dry and flaky, but with Revlon’s Colorstay Moisture Stain you still get that great rich finish with without feeling chapped. This lip stain retails for $8.99.
6. And last, but certainly not least, I came across these three eczema relief body lotions which are perfect for when the weather is cold. These leave skin feeling soft and not itchy during the winter days we’ve been having. My favorite is Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream. This retails for $14.59.
For more beauty tips and samples of my makeup work, please visit me at Carolineburnsbeauty.com.
About the Author/s
Caroline Burns is a freelance makeup artist and beauty blogger servicing the Hoboken/NYC area since 2012. She works with all photographers, models and hair stylists for shoots as well as brides for their weddings, moms to-be and local salons. Caroline found her perfect blend of artistry and being business savvy that gave her the tools she needed to become the makeup artist she is today.