Spring is officially in full swing, which means your makeup will need a seasonal change. While I love many drugstore brands & deals, there are some products that are definitely worth the splurge. Below are my must-have Sephora splurge items…trust me, you’ll thank me for breaking the bank on these:)
- Urban Decay Naked Palettes (Naked 1, 2 and 3) – While these are neutrals they each have their own way of universally flattering every woman with matte’s and shimmers from taupe to rose gold tones. Mix with a brighter color and you have the perfect spring shadow look. Retails at $54 a palette. Apply the Urban Decay Potion Primer before and you’ll be sure to have lasting shadow all day! Retails at $20.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Contour Kit. If you want to perfect a contour & highlight look then this kit will be your new best friend. Comes in 6 shades that will help you sculpt and define. Retails at $40.
- Smashbox – For long lasting makeup all day I recommend investing in a good face primer. The Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Pore Minimizing Primer lasts up to 8 hours. Retails at $39. If you’re looking for lighter coverage apply this primer first then apply my favorite BB cream by Smashbox – Camera ready BB Cream with SPF 35. This will give you enough coverage for a daytime everyday look and leave skin feeling great! Retails at $39.
- Makeup Forever – HD Invisible Coverage foundation is a full coverage foundation that is camera ready. Perfect for professional pictures – especially brides on their special day. Retails at $43.
- NARS Creamy Concealer – Not only does this concealer hide dark circles but it’s smooth and soft and does not leave a residue in the crease. Retails at $29.
Be sure to check out my Instagram @Carolineburnsbeauty for photos on how I put these products to good use on clients. Until next time happy shopping!
About the Author/s
Caroline Burns is a freelance makeup artist and beauty blogger servicing the Hoboken/NYC area since 2012. She works with all photographers, models and hair stylists for shoots as well as brides for their weddings, moms to-be and local salons. Caroline found her perfect blend of artistry and being business savvy that gave her the tools she needed to become the makeup artist she is today.