Thank God for CBD! This little but abundant compound has been life-saver in so many ways to millions of people across the world. To begin with, CBD has extraordinary therapeutic qualities that help in relieving anxiety, depression, inflammation, pain and many other health conditions. It also works as a great energy booster and body supplement. If that’s not enough, then CBD can be used as an edible in food and beverages as well! How about that now?
Would you like to learn about baking with CBD products but have no idea where to start? Do not worry because this guide is exactly about all that! Once you get the hang of it, you will know how easy it is to use CBD for baking. Let’s begin the show!
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant. However, unlike its siblings, CBD doesn’t contain or holds a little amount of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC—the ‘high’ producing chemical. Since there is almost a nil amount of THC present in the body, it is a non-psychoactive substance. This also makes it a non-controlled substance and has been legalized under the 2018 Farm Bill in the US.
Cannabisherald’s CBD is available in various formulations, like oil, tinctures, capsules, creams, vapes, and edibles. With its delectable taste and healing qualities, no wonder CBD is being served in drinks and foods in many bars and restaurants across the restaurants.
How to use CBD in baking
It is recommended to use the best CBD oil in baking. Furthermore, CBD must have a fatty base, such as ghee or butter, in order to mix with the batter. Thus, it is recommended to use oil or CBD concentrates on the process.
You can also include CBD isolate into baked products. CBD isolate will easily infuse with the butter or oil and also provide a precise measurement of serving size of the edibles.
Another option for using CBD in baking is its crystals. CBD crystals can very easily and quickly dissolve in the butter or oil. All you have to do is heat up the oil and add these crystals until they dissolve in the former and stir gently.
Things to remember when using CBD with baking
Even though the process of baking with CBD is quite easy, there are certain points to keep in mind while you are at it. Check them out below!
- Serving size: You will have the pre-plan the serving size of the CBD product you are using to add in the baking product. For instance, if you want to bake 30 cookies and each cookie demands 3mg of CBD, then you would have to use 60 mg of CBD at least and so on.
- Heat: While baking with CBD ingredients, you must remember that high heat will destroy your product! Thus, it is recommended to keep the temperature warm to increase the effect of CBD on your baking product. The boiling point of CBD is 320-356 F and the temperature above than recommended can evaporate the essential CBD ingredients from the product.
- Storage: CBD is overwhelmingly sensitive to light and heat. Thus, it is crucial to keep the product fresh and potent. These products are best stored in dark and cool places. Also, it is advisable to keep them in an airtight container and they will always remain cool and fresh and worth baking!
- High-quality: Since it will be consumed by your body, make sure that you buy high-quality and authentic CBD from a well-reputed company. Anything below that might harm your health instead of improving it.
- Don’t overdo it: Start small with CBD addition in your baking product. Once you become used to it, go ahead and increase the quantity and feel the changes!
The benefits of CBD-baked products
There are numerous reasons why the inclusion of CBD edibles in your baking recipes is a good thing. Whether it’s a cookie, brownie or a wholesome cake, adding CBD in them will only put you at ease, literally and bring you the following benefits.
- Long-lasting effects: When taken as an edible, CBD is digested and thus, stays in the system for a longer time than usual. CBD can stay in the system 2-4 hours longer than other CBD formulations.
- It’s non-psychoactive nature: Unlike other cannabis products, CBD does not create any ‘high’ in the body, and thus, it is healing and safe to consume. Also, it does not create discomfort while relieves you of anxiety and stress all along and you can visit discover for best CBD oil for anxiety.
- Easy to make: When used in the form of oil, tincture, crystals, or isolate, CBD takes no time in baking. All you have to do is add them to the baking product and this will be all.
- Better health: This is no surprise that CBD helps in relieving people from problems, such as anxiety, stress, depression, pains, insomnia, and inflammation. When taken as an edible, you won’t even know that it is present in the food product. So, you won’t have to worry about its flavor since it gets mixed with the baking good.
- No side-effects: CBD is a natural product. Thus, there are no side-effects of consuming it. Even if you have no problem, you can still consume it as a vitamin or supplement. Isn’t it the best?
People across the world are using CBD edibles as a part of their medication. Even so, we would recommend you to consult a CBD professional to advise you during your first CBD buy. Remember to check THC conc. (should be less than 0.3 percent) on the package along with a certificate of analysis and third-party lab tested stamp. Buy the products from a reputed company after checking the reviews—it really helps. Once you start feeling the positive effects of CBD in your system, go ahead and let the world know about the same.