The last month of autumn for holidays in Turkey is marked by a decline in the influx of tourists and the end of the tourist season. At all tourist locations, there will no longer be huge crowds of tourists, the noise of guests of the country, and finally, you can enjoy peace. The sun’s rays no longer fry with such force as in the high season, but moderately warm vacationers who want to stroll through the cities and beaches in complete peace. If you want to relax in Turkey, but you do not like noisy parties and crowded beaches, then November will be an excellent option for you. Perhaps you will fall in love with this country, and you wouldn’t want to leave and start considering Turkish houses to move to this beautiful country.
In this article, we will show you how to enjoy a secluded trip and feel refreshment of mind and body in Turkey in November.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the disadvantages are the following:
- If you want to spend your entire vacation sunbathing on the beach, then this is not the best time, since the weather conditions during this period are quite changeable. In some areas, a slight cold snap, intermittent rains, and large waves at sea may begin.
- At the beaches you will not be able to use the infrastructure and water activities will be unavailable.
- Amusement parks and water parks are also finishing their work, so the best option would be accommodation in large cities, where there is more entertainment in the non-tourist season.
- The number of hotels available is decreasing as many close during the winter to make necessary renovations and prepare for the next season.
The advantages are as follows:
- This is a great time for those who want to have little time to sunbathe on the beach and take their time to go around all the attractions without a crazy crowd of people.
- There will no longer be such a scorching sun that will not allow you to get to the sea at any time of the day or make all the planned excursion trips.
- At this time, you can easily find a suitable hotel with reasonable prices and a range of services.
- Due to the closure of many hotels, it is easy to find comfortable apartments to stay.
- Meals can be arranged independently. In the markets, you can supply yourself with everything you need at competitive prices.
Closer to winter, the weather becomes more unpredictable and it is impossible to say with certainty whether the heat will be there, or the cold snap and the rainy season will begin. However, in November, weather conditions can still please vacationers. For most of the month, the country has warm and comfortable weather, and sometimes it is even hot. In this regard, you can take both summer clothes and warmer clothes with you, so as not to sit in your hotel room for most of your vacation.
Even though the weather is colder, be sure to bring sunscreen with you. In the absence of heat, you can also get burned.
The weather during this period does not imply rest on the beaches, but it is great for traveling around the country and visiting all kinds of excursions. Do not rush to take down jackets with you, because here the cold snap occurs moderately, but it is better to take a light jacket. Sometimes there can be cloudy days with rains for several days, but in their absence, you can make trips to the ancient ruins.
If we talk about the temperature regime, then during the day the temperature can reach +25°С, during the cooling period the temperature can drop to 15 °С. The water temperature in different resorts drops to +20°С. For some people who want to have time to swim, this is an excellent temperature.
If you still want to have time to plunge into the sea, then you should choose a vacation – in Alanya, Belek, Side. Here, warm weather conditions last longer, but you should be extremely careful, as there may be large waves. If you are traveling with children, then the hotel’s swimming pool is the best option, where you don’t need to worry about safety.
Ways of entertainment
Even though during the autumn the beach infrastructure is unavailable and many water parks stop working, there are many indoor activities in Turkey where you can have a great time. Several entertainment centers continue to operate in Antalya, where you can relax and have fun with the whole family.
The Land of Legends theme park is open to visitors in Belek. This is an indoor complex where you can find entertainment for both children and adults. Children can relax on carousels, while adults can enjoy roller coasters and rope courses. The whole family can go to the cinema, attend circus performances and watch dolphins at the dolphinarium.
In Antalya, you can introduce your little ones to the life of underwater inhabitants in the aquarium. They can observe the life of various marine lives that live in the Black, Red, Mediterranean, and Indian Seas. In addition, you can walk through the tunnel, where wild fish will swim over you. Here you can also go to the terrarium and watch the life of the reptiles.
In the capital, you can find entertainment all year round. Here you can go to the indoor dolphinarium, aquarium, Snow Park, and an interactive city of professions.
Holidays for shopping lovers
In addition to buying souvenirs, during this period in Turkey you can walk through the large shopping centers and choose practical things for yourself and your loved ones. Here you can enjoy a huge selection of leather goods, fur products, and jewelry.
It is also recommended to visit the local markets, as before the beginning of winter, local vendors arrange sales of their goods.
Turkey in November is the perfect vacation for those who are not a fan of clogged beaches and unbearable heat. Beach lovers will still have time to catch warm days to relax at sea, and on cooler days, you can go on excursions and get acquainted with the cultural and historical sights of this country. When resting with children, you can go to indoor amusement parks, where everyone can have fun. Before the beginning of the winter period, it is worth visiting local markets and buying goods at reduced prices.