Cannabidiol (CBD) is an active cannabinoid and a chemical compound found in marijuana. CBD products have become a huge hit worldwide, with many reputable manufacturers joining the industry. If you read the potency review of JustCBD, you’ll notice this manufacturer makes capsules, gummies, and other CBD items of different strengths.
CBD interacts with the inner cannabinoid system to affect different processes in the human body. But while the working process is clear, there are things you might not know about its popularity. Here are some interesting facts about why everyone’s crazy about CBD!
It’s Legal on a Federal Level
Cannabidiol comes from marijuana, which has had a bad image for a long time. It led to many states and countries outlawing this plant’s products. Fortunately, many areas have started loosening laws lately.
The US government made a huge move in 2018 when it introduced the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized hemp on a federal level. Hemp refers to the cannabis plant and their derivatives that contain no more than 0.3% of THC. Many states have also loosened their laws and legalized cannabis for recreational or medical use.
It Won’t Get You High
The reason why people are afraid of trying cannabis products is that they would get high. THC is why marijuana delivers that psychoactive effect and euphoria. But the trick about CBD products is that they don’t have to contain THC at all.
Furthermore, you have CBD isolates. These have the highest purity and are free from THC and all other cannabinoids. Broad-spectrum CBD doesn’t contain THC but comes with terpenes and other cannabis compounds. These two product types can’t get you high. Instead, you’ll experience the potential marijuana benefits without psychoactive properties.
You Can Consume It in Different Forms
CBD’s popularity has led to manufacturers becoming more creative when it comes to cannabidiol products. Here are the most common categories:
- Edibles. You have a huge selection of baked goods, biscuits, desserts, and gummies. Many are suitable to use on the go, ensuring maximum convenience. The acting time is approximately 30-90 minutes, but the effects last for hours.
- Capsules and pills. It’s the fastest and easiest way to take CBD. It only takes a moment to swallow the capsule, but it takes about an hour to take effect.
- Tinctures and oils. You use a dropper to use the CBD tincture sublingually or add cannabidiol to desired edibles. The sublingual method secures a fast-acting time but might not last as long as when using capsules.
- Vaping and smoking. It’s not the healthiest way to consume CBD. But many people appreciate the option to vape different marijuana strains.
- Topicals. These are the only products with external use. Their primary benefit is pain relief in that particular area. The acting time is almost immediate but doesn’t last long.
It Can Provide Stress Relief and Relaxation
Modern life comes with a fast pace and many challenges on a daily basis. Stress can quickly pile up and ruin your day. It’s no wonder people resort to different stress management techniques and supplements. CBD is among the compounds that can help you experience stress relief and relaxation if you feel tense.
The great thing about CBD is that it can act almost immediately, depending on the method. It takes some trial and error to optimize the dose. You can also switch between lower and higher doses depending on how stressed you feel.
You Might Experience Pain Relief
Ancient medicine recognized marijuana as a helpful option to manage pain. Many studies have confirmed that CBD can help treat chronic pain regardless of its cause. The reason is CBD’s interaction with the endocannabinoid receptors, which helps affect pain perception.
Patients with malignant diseases had positive feedback about managing pain associated with their condition. Arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and back and nerve pain are among other conditions where CBD can provide pain relief. A medicine called Sativex got official approval for pain management in multiple countries.
It Has Other Potential Health Benefits
The actual CBD effectiveness depends on the individual and their tolerance level. Here are some benefits you might experience:
- PTSD symptoms. Insomnia and nightmares are common for PTSD, and CBD can help decrease these problems.
- Social anxiety. Although CBD is a great option for any anxiety type, it can particularly help if you expect meetings, dates, or other social interactions.
- Assisting in managing cancer-related symptoms. Apart from pain, CBD might help to manage vomiting and nausea associated with chemotherapy.
- Neuroprotective properties. From managing epilepsy symptoms to helping with MS and other neurological disorders, CBD can have significant neuroprotective characteristics.
CBD is the way to utilize potential cannabis benefits without the risk of getting high. It’s a cannabinoid with a wide range of potential effects. From anti-inflammatory properties that could provide pain relief to relaxation and stress relief, CBD can deliver many benefits. It also has minimal side effects and is safe for long-term use. With more people giving cannabidiol a shot, it’s hard to see its popularity declining in the coming years.