Since this past Saturday night’s drawings, someone has yet to win the $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot. Its value is expected to now reach a whopping $1.9 billion. This number hits a record high for Powerball. The person with the winning numbers will be the largest winner in the lottery’s 30-year history. Before this Saturday’s drawings, if there was a winner, they would have still been the largest lottery prize winner in history— making this upcoming drawing even more record-breaking.
The winning numbers this past Saturday were 28, 45, 53, 56, 69 and the Powerball number was 20.
The next draw occurs on November 7. The winner of this money can either receive it in 30 annual installments or opt for the “Cash Option” where they will be paid in full. Additionally, they have 60 days to decide which option they’re going with and 180 days to claim the Powerball prize itself.
Moreover, New Jersey has recently been the holder of several high-priced Powerball tickets. In Edison, New Jersey at a Quick Stop located on Inman Avenue is where a $1 million ticket was purchased. 14 other tickets priced at $50,000 each were also found at various New Jersey markets and liquor stores across the state:
- Atlantic County: New International Supermarket, 4101 Ventnor Ave., Atlantic City
- Bergen Country: Liquor City, 494 Anderson Ave., Cliffside Park
- Burlington County: Bob’s Corner Deli, 488 Delaware Ave., Roebling
- Essex County: SAI Convenience, 20 Franklin Ave., Nutley
- Hudson County: Acme #1092, 321 State Route 440., Jersey City
- Mercer County: Shoprite #566 of Hamilton Square, 1235 Route 33, Hamilton Square
- Middlesex County: 7-Eleven #39020, 2090 Oak Tree Road., Edison
- Middlesex County: 7-Eleven #39718, 4000 Route 1 North, Monmouth Junction
- Monmouth County: Wawa #934, 177 Route 34, Matawan
- Morris County: Shoprite, 1153 Valley Road., Stirling
- Passaic County: Jackpot, 355 Warwick Turnpike., Hewitt
- Union County: Riverside Supermarket, 1000 Sheridan Ave., Elizabeth
- Warren County: Hope Country Liquors, 433 Hope Blairstown Road., Hope
In 2019, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina held half of the Powerball and Mega Millions lottery winners. There are several reasons why more victors are found on the East Coast. Other than having a higher population density, the tradition of purchasing a lottery ticket has been long held in East Coast states. Participation is also attributed to whether a state is more urban or rural whereas people living in urban areas tend to buy more tickets.
The Powerball drawings are aired every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night at 10:59 p.m. You can also check out the results on the numbers page where they update the latest Powerball numbers after each drawing. The last time to purchase a ticket that will qualify is at or before 9:59 p.m.