The trend of male cosmetic surgeries has been witnessing a sharp growth in recent years, and these procedures are also known as male aesthetic procedures. The popularity of these surgeries is evident from the number of surgical treatments.
The men’s global grooming industry is set to reach $81.2 billion by 2024. The reason behind this upsurge is that men have become increasingly conscious about their appearance, and it extends to aesthetic procedures as well. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), an increasing percentage of men (14.4% or more) have been interested in cosmetic surgical procedures.
In 2019, the total number of cosmetic surgeries performed across the US was 102,838. The most popular cosmetic surgery procedures for men were liposuction, breast reduction (gynecomastia), eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), tummy tuck, and rhinoplasty.
The following statistics will reveal a clear picture of these emerging trends:
- Liposuction: Body contouring with liposuction is quite popular with males. In 2019, a total of 32,827 liposuction procedures occurred with an average duration from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Breast reduction: In 2019, total breast reduction procedures were 21,407 with an average length of 2 hours.
- Eyelid Surgery: Last year, total eyelid surgery procedures were 18,751 with an average of 1-3 hours.
- Tummy Tuck: Total tummy tuck procedures were 5,831 with an average procedural length of 2-5 hours.
- Rhinoplasty: In 2019, total rhinoplasty procedures were 5,037 with an average length of 1-2 hours.
Male Plastic Surgery in NYC and LA helps men improve their appearance through cosmetic surgeries and turn the clock back. Whether you are a corporate executive, an actor, an athlete, or a motivational speaker, a minimally invasive cosmetic surgery procedure can transform your look.