Can’t pear the fact that summer’s almost over? There’s refreshing news on the cocktail calendar as Fresh Pear and Fresh Apple Martinis are ripe for picking on the menu this fall as Bonefish Grill Fall Cocktails (Available Sept. 8 – Nov. 17). These handcrafted cocktails combine the juices of nutrient-packed, low-cal fresh apples and pears with premium specialty vodkas and flavorful infusions.
Here are a few fun facts: Pear-ley There…
- Pears are one of the world’s oldest cultivated fruits and debuted in 3,000 B.C., when a Chinese entrepreneur grafted peaches, almonds, persimmons and apples together.
- The pear martini has its roots in Hemingway’s haunt Harry’s Bar in Venice, created by the bar’s legendary founder Guiseppe Cipriani and first served there circa the 1930’s.
- Fast forward to fall 2015 and cuddle up with a muddle of half a pear with simple syrup and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add the Absolut Pears and St. Germain and shake ice cold. Add a slice of pear or an edible flower for a fun finishing touch for a fabulous cocktail everyone will enjoy.
Fresh Pear Martini
2.0 oz – Absolut Pears
.50 oz – St.Germain Elderflower
½ a pear – Local Favorite Pear
.50 oz – Simple Syrup
1 lemon – Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Pick your favorite local pear and muddle half of the pear with the simple syrup and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add the Absolut Pears and St.Germain and shake ice cold. Add a slice of pear or an edible flower for a fun finishing touch.
*For a bit more pear flavor pick your favorite vodka, slice up a few of your local favorite pears and let infuse for a few days for your own pear vodka infusion!
*If you enjoy a sweeter flavor add more simple syrup or a sugar rim for the perfect extra sweet touch!
Here are a few fun facts: Apple-y…
- Johnny Appleseed actually took his cue from Caesar, whose legions sowed apple seeds as they conquered Continental Europe and the British Isles around 55 B.C.
- Mark Zuckerberg made the apple martini Facebook’s official drink after viewing the film Social Network in which the drink is imbibed.
- Bonefish Grill’s Fresh Apple Martini lets you shake off fall chills with its Honey-Cinnamon Infusion simply by combining honey, water, apples and cinnamon sticks (directions attached). Make sweet and spicy cocktails and use what’s left in the next day’s afternoon tea.
Fresh Apple Martini
2 oz – Your Favorite Vodka
.50 oz – Ginger Liqueur
2 oz – 100% Apple Juice
1 oz – Honey-Apple-Cinnamon infusion (see below)
Add all ingredients into a 16-oz pint glass. Add ice until glass is full. Shake 20x vigorously and strain into frozen martini glass. Top with apple slice floating on top. Zest cinnamon stick on top for light cinnamon garnish floating on top of apple slice.
1 liter – Honey
1 liter – Water
9 – Red Delicious Apples
9 – Cinnamon Sticks
Cut red apples in ½ from top to bottom. Cut each apple half in 6 pieces. You should end up with 12 pieces per apple. (Do not worry about seeds as they will not taint infusion.) Combine honey, water, apples and cinnamon sticks in a large pot over sauté burner. Bring to a boil while stirring so honey liquefies with the water. Once boiling, leave to boil on high for 5 minutes. After 30 minutes, strain cinnamon sticks and apples from mixture and pour ingredients into a 6-quart (or similar) and put on ice bath.) Once cooled, you may use for your Fresh Apple Martini to serve.
Bonefish Grill – Secaucus
200 Mill Creek Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094