Roasted vegetables, pumpkin recipes, cozy pasta bakes; autumn is the best season of the year for cozy recipes like mac and cheese and roasted potatoes. Sometimes, though, our favorite cold-weather comfort food doesn’t exactly fall under the category of “heathly” and can take a lot of prepareation. This autumn, we’re showcasing new recipes that take 30 minutes or less and are allergy-friendly! All the recipes below are gluten-free, tree nut-free and health-conscious. They are all made from common pantry ingredients, which means less time grocery shopping and more time enjoying these cozy autumn inspired meals!
1. BAKED PUMPKIN MAC AND “CHEESE”
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and makes enough for some seriously good leftovers! It is the perfect healthy mac and cheese recipes for anyone who is lactose intolerant.
Serving size: 4
1 cup arugula
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 cup dairy-free milk
1 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp vegan Parm cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
8 ounces gluten-free pasta
4 tbsp gluten-free breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil for topping
1/2 tsp garlic powder for topping
1/2 tsp onion powder for topping
1 chicken sausage sliced
1/2 cup zucchini cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Boil 8 ounces of pasta for approx 10 minutes.
- Add oil to a large cast-iron skillet.
- Mix together the cheese sauce until creamy then fold into pasta and arugula. Separately, air fry the chicken sausage slices and zucchini until fully roasted.
- In a separate bowl mix the breadcrumbs, oil and garlic powder and onion powder then add to the top of pasta.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes then distribute into bowls, top with chicken sausage, zucchini and extra arugula, and enjoy!
2. CHICKEN MEDITERRANEAN BOWL
This fall inspired recipe is gluten-free and nut-free. No autumn inspired meals are complete without a chicken dish!
Serving size: 1 bowl
1 cup arugula
1 Grilled chicken breast
1 tbsp fat-free feta
1/3 cup roasted zucchini cubes
1/3 cup roasted potato cubes
1 tbsp diced sundried tomatoes
Served with tzatziki
1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper the chicken breast. Grill the chicken. If you are using an air fryer, grill for approx 10 minutes on high. Flip the chicken over and proceed to cook for approx 10 more minutes or until the interior temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees. Once done, set aside and slice once cooled.
- Dice the zucchini and potato into 1/2” cubes. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.In the air fryer, fry the potato cubes and zucchini for approx 10 minutes on 390.
- Cook the rice. Option to use instant rice here to save time. If rice is not instant, bring water to a boil. Use approx 1 cup of water for every 1/2 cup of rice. Once water is boiling, add rice and let cook for approx 18 -22 minutes. Once finished, let rice sit for approx 3-4 minutes until it is fluffy and all the water is absorbed.
- Add the arugula to the bowl, top with zucchini and potatoes.
- Top with fat-free feta, sundried tomatoes and serve with tzatziki.
3. ROASTED POTATO AND VEGGIE TACOS
These tacos take about 15 minutes And they pack a huge punch of flavor. They are gluten-free and nut-free.
Serving size: 3 tacos
1 cup diced potato cubes
2 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
2 tbsp diced onions
2 tbsp Roasted red peppers
2 tbsp fat-free feta
½ cup Arugula
2 tbsp Tzatziki
3 Corn tortilla
- Dice the potato into 1/2” cubes. Toss in avocado oil and garlic and herb seasoning.
- In the air fryer, fry the potato cubes for approx 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- On a cutting board, dice up the roasted red peppers, avocado and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and bake corn tortillas for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Once they are warmed and easy to work with, remove and stuff them with the roasted potatoes, onions, avocado, arugula, tzatziki and serve!
4. AUTUMN ROASTED VEGGIE AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE SALAD
Roasted veggies are a staple for all autumn inspired meals. This saled is gluten-free, tree nut-free and only takes 20 minutes to make.
Serving size: 1 bowl
1 cup spinach
1 Chicken sausage
1 cup diced zucchini
2 tbsp fat-free feta cheese
1 cup diced Yukon potatoes
1tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp avocado oil
2 tbsp Lite honey mustard
- Dice the potato into 1/2” cubes. Toss in avocado oil and nutritional yeast. Dice the zucchini and chicken sausage into similar sizes. Do not coat with oil.
- In the air fryer, fry the potato cubes, chicken sausage and zucchini. Fry for approx 10 minutes on 390.
- Add the spinach to the bowl, top with zucchini, potatoes and chicken sausage.
- Top with fat-free feta and honey mustard.
Looking for something sweet? Also check out 30-Minute Dessert Bar Recipes for Fall.