New Jersey is more than just the Garden State, it’s becoming the set for many fan-favorite TV shows and movies being filmed. The New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Commission announced that the filmmaking industry is having a heavy production schedule in the state of NJ, which includes a handful of familiar shows such as “Law & Order” and “FBI: Most Wanted.”
According to one report, at least nine different film projections are still in production in New Jersey for the month of December. These include the following:
- “Empires Of Excess,” Lucky 8 TV, North Jersey
- “FBI: Most Wanted,” CBS Television Studios, North Jersey
- “America’s Big Deal,” Diga Studios, Newark
- “Law & Order: Organized Crime Production,” Wolf Entertainment, North Jersey
- “When We Pray,” Cinema Libre Studio, Atlantic City
- “Earthstorm,” Wall to Wall Media, Burlington City and Lambertville
- “The Kitchen,” BSTV Entertainment, Essex County & Hunterdon County
- “Maybe I Do,” Endeavor Content, Essex County
- “Retreat,” FX Networks, Kearny
“We’re excited to submit our bid to transform Fort Monmouth into a state-of-the-art production facility,” a Netflix spokesperson told Patch in late October. “America’s first movie studio was in New Jersey, and today it’s home to many talented people working in entertainment. Governor Murphy and the state’s legislative leaders have created a business environment that’s welcomed film and television production back to the state.”
According to the Patch, Governor Phil Murphy reinstated New Jersey’s film and television tax credit program for two years later.
The latest project filmed in New Jersey to be released was Netflix’s “Bruised. It debuted on the streaming platform on November 24, 2021.
Do you hope to see more movies and TV shows being filmed in New Jersey? Let us know in the comments.