Caroline’s Picks: Beauty Gift Sets for the Holidays
During the rush of Black Friday, I managed to stumble across some fun and unique beauty gift sets in Hoboken and Jersey City that would make superb gifts for the holiday season. Being that I am a local Hobokenite and a total makeup maven, I stopped in one of my stomping grounds for beauty supplies, Makeovers Beauty Supply Store (327 Washington St., Hoboken), and found some goodies worth sharing.
1. Too Faced Cosmetics Love Sweet Love Box Set, which retails at Makeovers for $45, includes blush/eye shadow palette, mascara, a makeup bag, face & shadow primer, eyeliner, and a blush brush. This is the ultimate beauty gift set.
2. Another Too Faced best seller at Makeovers is the Pretty Rebel Essentials set, retailing for $45. Set includes blush, bronzer, eye shadow palette, eye liner and lip gloss.
Making my way over to the Newport Centre Mall in Jersey City, I stopped in Lush Cosmetics Store, an ecofriendly organic store that makes and carries handmade soaps. Their top 3 gift sets are as follows:
1. 12 Days of Christmas – A variety of handmade bath & body essentials. It comes with a booklet listing out the 12 items in more detail. Set retails for $99.99.
2. Elves Workshop Set – A smaller box of handmade soaps in all different shapes and scents. Retails for $49.95. (2% of the proceeds on this set goes to the Lush Fun Charity.)
3. Rosy Christmas Set – A smaller more affordable set, great for stocking stuffers or an office gift. Contains shower gel & body conditioner. Retails for $16.95.
Rounding out my shopping spree, I popped into one of my local favs, Luxe Face & Body Shop (158 First St., Hoboken), which is featuring Vincent Longo Makeup Gift Sets.
1. The Vincent Long Eye Shadow “baked” set contains 4 shimmery shadows that look like mini cupcakes. Retails for $44.
2. Another Vincent Longo Best Seller is the Sparkle Makeup Kit in Gold, retailing for $62, which contains one eye shadow, a bronzer, 2 lip glosses and a mascara.
These gifts are sure to make any woman feel even prettier than she already does. For more beauty tips and samples of my makeup work, please visit me at Carolineburnsbeauty.com. Happy Holidays!