The combination of CBD and coffee has become quite a trend in the US. Almost every bar or restaurant is advertising CBD-infused coffee in its menu and guess what, people are enjoying consuming it as well. However, that isn’t stopping people from experimenting with CBD oil and coffee to make their own cup of brew at home. Well, CBD is certainly the shining star for people looking to find relief from stress and anxiety, amongst other problems.
Well, the therapeutic powers of CBD are already known to the world. So, what’s the theory behind blending CBD with the morning brew? Does it enhance the medicinal effects of CBD? Is it safe? What are anecdotal results saying about this unique combination? Let’s find out in this article.
What should you know about CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a natural compound extracted from the cannabis plant. However, unlike its siblings (marijuana and hashish), CBD doesn’t contain a large amount of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, another cannabis compound, which is primarily responsible for producing ‘high’ and other mind-alterations at the time of smoking cannabis. CBD, on the other hand, doesn’t create any high in the brain because it encircles only 0.3 percent of THC or less. This also makes it a legally-used substance in the USA. Yes, this compound has been legalized in all 50 states of the country. This means that it doesn’t fall under the category of controlled substances anymore.
Why are people mixing CBD with coffee?
Anecdotally speaking, people have noticed a burst of unending energy throughout the day after consuming CBD-infused coffee for a week or so. They also feel their anxiety going down immediately after consuming the drink. Many people reported a decline in their usual nausea, especially after waking up in the morning. The best part is that none of them reported any negative effects of this drink. Thus, it seems like the drink is working for most of them.
Effects of CBD and coffee – a comparison
Now that we have an idea as to why people are blending CBD and coffee together, it’s time to focus on their individual effect on the human body. Let’s learn about them both, one by one.
Effect of CBD on body
CBD is one of the many phytocannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. As per the research, these cannabinoids are quite similar to the human body’s endocannabinoids. This allows CBD to interact with the receptors (CB1 and CB2) found all through the body to achieve homeostasis or balance in the body. These cannabinoids, when combined with the endocannabinoids of the body, help the latter achieve homeostasis. This results in decreased anxiety, depression, inflammation, and chronic pains. Thus, it is a win-win situation with CBD.
Effect of coffee on the body
Delapaz says caffeine is a stimulant for the nervous system in humans. This means it makes the consumer alert and focused instantly. However, many people do not do well with caffeine due to their anxiety issues. Caffeine often increases the heartbeat and creates jitters, even panic attacks in people. Too much caffeine also causes headaches and nausea, among other things. It also contributes to mood swings and makes the consumer lethargic once the effects of coffee are worn down.
Now that we know about the effects of both coffee and CBD on the human body, we might understand why both of them are blended together to make a drink. The number one reason for the same is that CBD seems to cancel the negative effects of coffee in the body. It soothes anxiety, nausea, jitters, and panic attacks in the body. There, all the demerits of caffeine have been taken care of already! The body’s interaction with CBD-infused coffee thus seems to be of great merit now.
CBD and coffee – Benefits
Thecannabisradar says CBD and coffee when combined are known to give some health benefits. Some of the most popular benefits given by this deadly mixture are mentioned below-
- Increased energy levels + feel-good vibes: Coffee is known for bursting the energy out of your body every morning. For this reason, more than 60 percent of Americans cannot start their day without a cup of coffee. When combined with CBD, it helps in keeping up the energy level while keeping the mind calm and muscles relaxed all through the day.
- The combination is antioxidant: Both CBD and coffee have antioxidant properties that help in releasing toxins from the body, even more than other antioxidants like blueberries, raspberries, and grapes.
- Increases brain functioning: Coffee is known for increasing brain function and CBD keeps the neurons from degenerating in your brain. Thus, these two miraculous elements can do wonders for your brain and its working.
- Good mood: Both caffeine and CBD can boost the mood of a person. Now, imagine them coming together to do the same for you. You would always be in a good mood since you are high on energy and calm in your head.
- Lessened anxiety: This is a given benefit of CBD anyway. There are numerous stories of people using CBD to ease their anxiety and depression. When combined with coffee, it keeps the anxiety at bay and also, increases focus and balances the energy of the body. Thus, it is one of the best ways to relax your brain and body.
The health and wellness industry has changed drastically since CBD has entered the market. This miraculous product has taken the world by storm simply by existing into people’s lives as a daily supplement. The best part is that it shows no side effects (since it is a natural compound) and is available easily in all stores. Another good thing about CBD products is that they aren’t expensive at all. Thus, CBD can help in healing people even if they aren’t financially blessed. Now that people are convinced that CBD does have benefits of its own, they are experimenting with other products, such as coffee. It wouldn’t be wrong to believe now that CBD is on a mission to make people feel good and healthy about themselves.